Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019 Online Apply Navik Post (General Duty): Applications are invited from male Indian nationals possessing educational qualifications and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Navik (General Duty) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
Join Indian Coast Guard (Ministry Of Defence) As Navik (General Duty) 10+2 Entry – 02/2019 Batch Application Will Be Accepted ‘Online’ From 21 To 31 January 19
Job Details: Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019
Name of the Post: Navik (General Duty in Indian Coast Guard)
Department: Indian Coast Guard
Educational Qualification Required in Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2019:
10+2 passed with Maths and Physics from an education board recognized by Central/State Government with minimum 50% aggregate marks. (5 % relaxation in minimum cut off will be given for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports personnel of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
Age Support in Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2019:
Minimum 18 Years and maximum 22 years i.e. between 01 Aug 1997 to 31 Jul 2001 (both dates inclusive). Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates
The Scale of Pay in Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2019:
Perks and Others Benefits. On joining the Indian Coast Guard, you will be placed in Basic pay Rs. 21700/- (Pay Level-3) plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the prevailing regulations.
(A) Applications will be accepted ‘Online only’ from 21 to 31 Jan 19 till 1700 Hours.
Candidates are to login to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button. The important instructions for filling of online application are –
- The Name of the Candidate, Father and Mother’s name and date of birth should be mentioned as per 10th class certificate.
- Indicate exact percentage of 12th class up to two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate are compulsory, The date, time and Centre of the written examination and other information will be informed through Coast Guard Recruitment website joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
- The application provides the choice of only One Centre for examination. The candidate is to choose Centre from the list mentioned against each state to which he belongs to.
(B) To fill up “Online” application the candidates need to login to the Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.inand click opportunity button and proceed as given below –
- Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Navik’s (10+2 Entry) 02/2019 Batch.
- Select the post applied for- Navik General Duty.
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
- Proceed to fill up the application (All-Star (*) marked entries are compulsory and to be filled).
- Candidates have to upload the photograph and signature in .jpeg format (image quality 200 dpi). The size of the photograph and signature must be between 10 kb to 40 kb and 10 kb to 30 kb respectively.
- On completion of filling application, check your filled details once again prior to clicking on the Submit button.
- On successful submission of the online application, a unique Application/Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval/ reprint of the e-admit card. Applicants to take print out of the e-admit card through URL http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from 11 to 21 Feb 2019 only post short listing of the online application. For candidates NOT meeting the eligibility criteria, a ‘Rejection Slip, giving the cause of rejection with the Application Number’ will be displayed. Short-listing criteria will be based on a higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
- Candidates are required to bring 03 copies of System generated e-admit card having allotted roll number with latest identical color passport size photographs with a Blue background(Not older than one month) pasted and signed at the bottom of application form against space provided for the signature. Candidates shall bring all original documents and keep one application form ready along with photocopies of all documents attested i.e. class 10thpass certificate and mark sheet, class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet showing subjects, caste certificate wherever required and domicile certificate of their respective state for submission at the Examination Centre on the date of examination. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of recruitment shall not be permitted to appear in the written examination.
- Candidate Shall Ensure That All Data Is Checked Before Clicking Submit Button. Any Variation from 10th Certificate Regarding Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Percentage (%) In 12thmark Sheet and Category Will Not Be Allowed To Sit In Examination.
- All Candidates Shall Correctly Fill Up Their Mobile Number And Email Id. In Case, The Candidate Is Not Having Mobile Number His Parent’s/Guardian’s Mobile Number to Be Mentioned With Name.
- Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all applications.
31 January 2019 Till 1700 Hours
Selection Procedure at Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
The ‘Online’ Applications will be sorted out Centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during the month of Mar-Apr 2019. The Selection procedure is as follows:-
(A) Short-listing criteria will be based on a higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
(B) The qualifying cut off percentage (%) of a particular Centre may be increased if the number of applications with a higher percentage is received.
(C) The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Math’s, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English up to 12th standard, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning etc.
(D) Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and the testing procedure will take about 2 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
(E) Physical Fitness Test (PFT). PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sports rig (Shoe, T-shirt, Trouser etc). The PFT consists of:
- 6 Km runs to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak)
- 10 push up. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
(F) Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for initial recruitment medical examination (Preliminary) in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
(G) The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending on the available vacancies. The Zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Jun/Jul 2019. Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
List of Documents Required in Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
- Scrutiny of documents for eligibility will be carried out prior commencement of the written examination. Candidates are therefore required to appear at the examination Centre with the following documents –
- Three copies of pre-filled online e-admit card with the latest photograph affixed.
- Original Class 10thpass certificate and mark sheet
- Original Class 12thpass certificate and mark sheet
- Original Caste certificate (if applicable) of their respective state issued by Tehsildar/Circle Officer/Sub District Magistrate/District Magistrate
- Domicile certificate of their respective state.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Aadhar card/ voter I card, Pan Card, School/college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- In case of reserved category applicants, availing age/percentage relaxation, either the current or permanent address of online application should be same as the address mentioned in caste/category certificate (SC/ST & OBC). Further, in case of OBC the category certificate should not be more than 3 financial Years old and for such cases renewed/fresh certificate to be produced. All OBC certificates shall be in original as per Govt. of India format (No other format will be entertained).
- Ten recent color passport size photographs with a Blue background.
List of Documents Required in Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
- Candidates not in possession of the above documents will not be permitted to appear in written examination. Original educational certificates will be returned after verification. If any variations found in the application at the time of verification, the candidature of the applicant will be canceled. Qualified candidates to submit one copy of all documents at the examination Centre.
- Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examination.
Medical Standards Required in Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
Medical examination will be conducted by authorized Military Doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
Height – Minimum height 157cms Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
Chest – Should be well proportioned Minimum expansion 5cms
Weight – Proportionate to height and age +-10percentage acceptable.
Hearing – Normal
Visual Standard – 6/6 (Better Eye) and 6/9 (Worse Eye), (Candidates using glasses are not eligible)
Tattoo – Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body. However certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Govt. of India. For other candidates, permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand. Details in this regard are available on the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
Final Enrolment Medical Examination – Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination.” Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates, who are NOT found medically fit in the final medical examination at INS Chilka, will NOT be enrolled for training. “No Appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka. Medically unfit candidates will be returned home at their own expense.
Training – Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
The basic training will commence in Jul – Aug 2019 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade. Branch/trade will be allocated as per the requirement of service and performance during basic training. Navik’s are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
General Guidelines Issues Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training establishments are not eligible to appear.
Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
Original certificates should not be attached with the application form. Indian Coast Guard will not take responsibility for loss of original certificates if attached with application. The photo should be pasted and not stapled. Attestation made on the backside of the photo will not be entertained.
Request for change of examination Centre/date will not be entertained.
All original certificates and mark sheets produced at the time of written test will be returned to candidate post verification.
The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
Applications received by post will not be accepted.
General Guidelines Issues Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
Call letter for final medical examination for enrolment in the Coast Guard will be forwarded only to initial medically qualified candidates in the select list. Such candidates will be required to reach the training establishment at their own expense. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
No inquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment/enrolment after a period of six months.
Indiscipline activities including copying/malpractice etc. during the testing procedures will also result in disqualification.
The application and the original documents will be further scrutinized for eligibility prior to enrolment and may be rejected if found not eligible in any respect at any stage of recruitment.
It may also be noted that the minimum percentage of marks for eligibility at Para 2 may be increased depending upon a number of candidates applying.
Candidates from “Open Schools” institutes not recognized by Govt. / AICTE are not eligible.
In case of more number of candidates applying for one Centre, a few candidates may be allotted to any other Centre. Candidates with higher marks will be allotted their first choice only.
Mobile Phone uses Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
- Use of Mobile phones and other modern electronic gadgets are not permitted during the examination. Coast Guard considers such possession as adopting unfair means. If any candidate is caught with Mobile, Bluetooth, any kind of scanning equipment during examination hours immediately action as per law including filling FIR will be initiated.
- Coast Guard cannot guarantee the safe keeping of any electronic devices. Candidate will not be allowed to go to the toilet or leave examination venue/ Hall for any reasons after the commencement of the written examination.
- All candidates will be frisked prior to entering into examination venue.
- All candidates are requested to be watchful and immediately bring to notice of invigilator of any suspicious activity by any of the candidates.
Travel Expenses Support, if you Application in Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
SC/ST candidates, who are not employed by the Central/State Government, will be reimbursed ordinary 2nd class fare by train/Govt. bus/steamer charges as per central government regulations by the shortest route if the home station is beyond 30 KMs from the place of testing on production of original tickets.
More Information about Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
Download Official Advertisement: Click Here
Online Application: Click Here
- 1 Job Details: Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019
- 2 How to Apply on Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019 Navik Post:
- 3 How to Apply on Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019 Navik Post:
- 4 How to Apply on Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019 – Navik Post:
- 5 Last Date for Applying Online Application for Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019 for the Post of Navik (General Duty):
- 6 Selection Procedure at Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
- 7 List of Documents Required in Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
- 8 List of Documents Required in Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
- 9 Medical Standards Required in Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
- 10 Final Enrolment Medical Examination – Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
- 11 Training – Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
- 12 General Guidelines Issues Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
- 13 General Guidelines Issues Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
- 14 Mobile Phone uses Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
- 15 Travel Expenses Support, if you Application in Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019:
- 16 More Information about Indian Coast Guard New Job Recruitment 2019: