SLET Admit Card Download 2019 State Level Eligibility Test Assam: State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) Commission, Assam (N-E Region) Gopinath Bordoloi Nagar Guwahati-781014 has released a notice regarding upcoming exam for State Level Eligibility Test 2019.
Interested and already online applied candidates may download their Admit Card to follow below link –
State Level Eligibility Test SLET Admit Card Download: CLICK HERE
Name of the Exam: State Level Eligibility Test
Organized: State Level Eligibility Test Commission Assam (NE Region)
Examination Date: 3rd March 2019
- Gauhati University Campus, Katiya Dolong Opposite Tata Motors, Jalukbari Guwahati – 781 014
- Phone No: 0361-2670045
- Email: [email protected]
The Concept of State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) (SLET Admit Card Download)
- In order to maintain a uniform standard of graduate and postgraduate teaching through-out the country, the Government of India through its notification in 1988 stated that only those candidates would be considered eligible for a post of lecturer, who besides fulfilling the minimum academic qualifications for it, also qualify in comprehensive test, National Eligibility Test (NET), to be conducted for the purpose.
- Accordingly, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has been conducting the Eligibility Test for lecturership on Humanities and Social Science subjects.
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has been conducting the eligibility test for lecturership in the Science subjects.
- The UGC simultaneously asked the Government of the States and Union Territories about their option to conduct their own test or alternatively adopt the UGC-CSIR test.
- In case they opt to conduct a test equivalent to UGC-CSIR then these should be accredited by the UGC.
- In response to this, many States opted to conduct their own test i.e. State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) for lecturers.
- It’s member States at present are Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Meghalaya, Sikkim, and Tripura.
The Location of the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) (SLET Admit Card Download)
- SLET Commission Office is located at Gauhati University Campus Gopinath Bordoloi Nagar, Guwahati – 781 014 – Assam (India)
Recruitment Rules of State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) (SLET Admit Card Download):
- It is also decided that the qualified candidates in the SET will be governed by the rules and regulations of recruitment of lecturer of the Universities and Colleges as the case may be.
Eligibility to sit for State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) (SLET Admit Card Download) – I:
Any Indian National who obtained Master Degree or equivalent Degree with at least 55% marks (without rounding up) is eligible to sit in the SET.
However, the Schedules Cast (SC) /Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Person with Disability (PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding up) in Master Degree or equivalent Examination are eligible for the test.
Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the final (or 4th Semester) of their Master Degree Examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examination has been delayed, may also apply and appear at this Test.
However such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the award of pass certificate only after they have passed the Master’s Degree examination or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC [Non-creamy layer]/SC/ ST/ PWD category candidate).
Such candidates must obtain the Master Degree within two years from the date of the concerned SET result with required percentage of marks failing which they shall be treated as disqualified. Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Post-Graduation only.
Eligibility to sit for State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) (SLET Admit Card Download) – II:
The candidates whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item 5 (i) may appear in a related subject.
Candidates belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD category are required to attach the copy of category certificate along with On-line print-out of their Application Forms (obtained while applying on-line).
The Non-creamy layer certificate should not be more than one year old.
Other Candidates are not required to submit any certificate/ documents in support of their eligibility along with a printout of their Application Form.
Therefore the candidates in their own interest must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for Test.
In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the Commission at any stage, their candidature will be canceled and they shall be liable for legal action.
Candidates who qualify in the Test are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor within the jurisdiction of the Member-States of this SLET Commission.
They will be given a pass-certificate and the validity period of the certificate is forever.
The subject of Test for State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) (SLET Admit Card Download):
(A) At present, the test will be held in the subjects mentioned below: (The code number to be used for the subjects is also shown against each)
Name of Subjects and Subject Codes –
- Assamese – 01
- English – 02
- Economics – 03
- Education – 04
- History – 05
- Philosophy – 06
- Political Science – 07
- Geography – 08
- Manipuri – 09
- Bodo – 10
- Bengali – 11
- Hindi – 12
- Anthropology – 13
- Sanskrit – 14
- Sociology – 15
- Arabic – 16
- Persian – 17
- Law – 18
- Commerce – 21
- Chemical Science – 31
- Life Science – 32
- Mathematical Science – 33
- Physical Science – 34
- Computer Science – 35
- Environmental Science – 36
(B) Test Centers for State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) Assam (SLET Admit Card Download):
It is endeavored to make at least one center in each constituent University of the SLET Commission with a minimum 25 candidates.
Name of Centers and Centre Codes –
- Gauhati University – 01
- Dibrugarh University – 02
- Tezpur University – 03
- Assam University – 04
- Manipur University – 05
- Rajiv Gandhi Central University, Itanagar – 06
- Tripura University – 07
- Sikkim Govt. College – 08
- Mizoram University – 09
The particulars of the Co-coordinators cum Officer-in-charge of the SET Centers with their address will be notified in due course.
(C) Change/Fee of Test Centers for State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) Assam (SLET Admit Card Download):
- The center change fees are Rs. 300/- per candidate.
- Along with the Centre change fee.
(D) Design and Syllabi of Test for State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) Assam (SLET Admit Card Download):
Presently, the Commission has accepted the syllabus of the NET conducted by the UGC and the CSIR.
The syllabus will be available in our website www.sletne.org
The Scheme of test for State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) Assam (SLET Admit Card Download):
The Test will consist of three papers.
- All the three papers will have only objective type questions of the following forms –
(a) Multiple Choices
(c) Assertion and Reasoning
(d) True and False
I – Paper – State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) Assam (SLET Admit Card Download):
- General Subject – The Teaching/Research Aptitude, Test Reasoning Ability, Comprehension, Divergent Thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Sixty (60) objective type questions of two marks each will be given.
II – Paper – State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) Assam (SLET Admit Card Download):
- Shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
III – Paper – State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) Assam (SLET Admit Card Download):
- Shall consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- All questions of Paper – II and Paper – III are compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options).
State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) Assam Procedure and Criteria for the declaration of result:
This will Comprise of following –
- Top 6% of the appearing candidates who appear in all three papers and secure at least 40% aggregate marks for candidates belonging to General Category and at least 35% aggregate marks for candidates belonging to reserved categories will be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor by following the reservation policy of the State Government.
- It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria are final and binding.
General/Other Conditions of State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) Assam (SLET Admit Card Download):
- PwD (Persons with Disability/Visually Challenged Candidates/Persons) get thirty to forty-five (45) minutes extra time.
- Those Persons with Disability (Physically Challenged) candidates who are not in a position to write in their own handwriting can also avail the services by making the prior request (at least one week before the date of SET) in writing to the Coordinator of the SET conducting University.
- There will be no negative marking.
- The Answer Key of Paper I, II and III will be available in the SLET Commission’s website after 7 (seven) working days of the Test.
- The candidates who get the qualifying marks can get their marks in the SLET Commission’s website after 7 working days from the date of declaration of result.
More Information about State Level Eligibility Test (SLET):
Download the Official Broucher: CLICK HERE
Download SLET Syllabus: CLICK HERE